As unemployment falls, capable workers become harder to find. There’s also immense societal benefits to providing people with an opportunity to enter the workforce. Strengthen your hiring process and tap into this talent pool with its particular benefits of reduced turnover, increased engagement, skills, and options for tax credits.
Cornell ILR’s Criminal Justice and Employment Initiative (CJEI), in partnership with the NYC Hospitality Alliance and Fox Rothschild LLP, is offering an employment law and criminal record training session that will provide information about what you need to know when considering an applicant with a criminal record. This event is exclusively for members of the NYC Hospitality Alliance. The charge is $45 per person.
The CJEI training will cover how to:
- Evaluate a candidate with a criminal record
- Read, understand, and identify errors on a criminal record
- Address fears of negligent hiring lawsuits
- Analyze case studies involving justice-involved individuals
- Understand financial incentives for hiring people with criminal records and bonding
- Interpret Ban the Box, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Correction Law Article 23-A
*Limit 1 ticket per member due to limited seating