The Alliance led the charge to reform the Health Department's Letter Grade system, which helped reduce fines by $20 million a year, while ensuring public health.
• Fines levied by the Department to Health reduced to the amount collected before the Letter Grade system started!
• Fine waiver for initial inspections receiving an A upon adjudication, an issue we fought for from day one
• Creation of an optional consultative, educational inspection program where no violations will be issued
• Creation of an ombuds office to receive and address comments, complaints, and compliments
• Creation of an inspection code of conduct
• Creation of an advisory board which the industry will be a part of to systematically review the restaurant inspection program, letter grades, the point system and make recommendations for improvement
• Increased and improved reporting of restaurant inspection data so we can finally prove that the majority of violations issued are for minor issues
• Relief for not previously cited violations relating to fixtures