Need some tips on wrangling rowdy Santas this Saturday?
HO, HO HO. It's that time of year again, when our members ask us what they can do to avoid the onslaught of rowdy Santas and their helpers during SantaCon on Saturday, December 9th, 2017.
If this is one party your business would rather avoid, here are some tips for the day:
- Add an extra security person; at the door preferably.
- Make admittance 21 and over and require ID. No ID, no entry.
- You are legally permitted to refuse entry to anyone that is visibly intoxicated. Remember that you cannot serve anyone in that condition.
- Suspend any drink specials or happy hours for the day.
- Strictly comply with your maximum occupancy to avoid an overcrowded bar.
- Stick to your agreed to or preapproved hours of operation.
One thing you should not do is refuse entry to someone just because they are wearing a Santa outfit. It can result in a murky legal situation.