New York State announced that beginning on March 15th larger in-person and catered events will be permitted, and today, they released the requirements and guidance.
The following is a high-level overview and you may click here to review the very detailed requirements in full. We wanted to share the document with you as soon as possible and anticipate there will be training webinars, etc in the near future.
- Events are permitted starting March 15, 2021, such as wedding receptions, celebrations, and similar private venue events, such as meetings and conferences.
- Occupancy must be limited to the lesser of: 50% for a particular area as set by the certificate of occupancy, or 150 people, exclusive of employees and event staff.
- Events between 12:00AM (midnight) and 5:00AM local time are prohibited until further notice.
- Responsible Parties must require and ensure all attendees have received a negative diagnostic test result for COVID-19.
- Employees and event staff must also be tested for COVID-19 through a diagnostic test prior to events.
If you have questions about this guidance you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org