See here for a message from our friends at NYC & Company, the City’s official destination marketing organization
Dear NYC Restaurateur,
We know that the restaurant industry is now facing unprecedented challenges. That’s why NYC & Company is inviting you to participate in a new and free promotion, designed to drive dining business when normal operations are impossible. This program is meant to engage and help all dining establishments in the five boroughs. In consultation with NYC & Company’s Restaurant Committee and the Coalition for NYC Hospitality & Tourism Recovery, and after surveying our restaurant members, we are pleased to announce this reimagination of our signature dining program:
NYC Restaurant Week To Go
- Takeout lunch or dinner for $20.21
- January 25–31, with optional extension through February 7
- $10 Mastercard® statement credit (see below for details)
- All restaurants are welcome and there is no participation fee.
- Restaurants will offer a specified meal—one entrée with at least one side—priced at $20.21.
- Delivery fees, tax and gratuity are in addition to that price.
- You may sell supplemental items in addition to the special meal.
- All dining establishments throughout NYC’s five boroughs are encouraged to register
Just as we did in 1992 with the original NYC Restaurant Week® menu priced at $19.92, this $20.21 takeout and delivery promotion is designed to engage diners and attract press attention. If it does, we hope this will stimulate growth in the takeout market and provide some much-needed relief to NYC’s restaurant industry. The $20.21 offer should be a great experience for the customer and show off what your restaurant can do.
Mastercard will serve as a program sponsor and will provide registered cardholders with a $10 statement credit on each transaction of $20 or more at participating restaurants. There is no cost to the restaurant. We will link directly to your website or whatever order/delivery system you are currently using. Additionally, we are currently talking with various third-party delivery companies to see how they may be able to provide temporary relief to their restaurants during the program dates.
Deadline for registration is January 8. Please click here for details and to sign up.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.