SantaCon is on Saturday: 6 Tips from The Alliance on how to handle SantaCon the right way.
Need some tips on wrangling rowdy Santas this Saturday?
- Add an extra security person; at the door preferably.
- Make admittance 21 and over and require ID. No ID, no entry.
- You are legally permitted to refuse entry to anyone that is visibly intoxicated. Remember that you cannot serve anyone in that condition.
- Suspend any drink specials or happy hours for the day.
- Strictly comply with your maximum occupancy to avoid an overcrowded bar.
- Stick to your agreed to or preapproved hours of operation.
One thing you should not do is refuse entry to someone just because they are wearing a Santa outfit. It can result in a murky legal situation.